A universal craze in the trendy world among men is to grow a stylish and thick beard as it shows a sign of masculinity. Men who are keen on the trend of growing more facial hair can opt for beard transplant in Chennai which would be the best solution as beard transplantation is becoming popular in recent days.
Overview – Beard Transplant
Most of the men have a patchy beard which has been a bane. To make it look wow they can opt for beard transplant in Chennai which is done using the latest techniques in hair restoration to aid in beard transplantation.
Beard transplants which are done by the best beard transplant in Chennai basically refer to the procedure to reconstruct a new beard or enhance an existing beard. In most of the treatment procedures, scalp hair is transplanted to areas of the face as needed.
At Hande Hospital, our best beard transplant doctor in Chennai follows a safe and thorough approach by understanding the concerns of all our patients with first-class service in a day procedure for healthy beard hair.
How is a beard transplant in Chennai done?
The procedure for beard transplant in Chennai is really simple. During the transplant procedure, the beard transplant doctor in Chennai will remove hair from the donor zone i.e., from behind the scalp because it is particularly resistant to hair loss. They use the hair for transplantation wherever needed. The hair here is usually hardy enough to withstand the beard transplant.
For patients who do not have enough hair in the donor zones, a beard transplant can be done using hair from other body parts such as the chest, back, arms, and legs. But for men who are suffering from alopecia, this procedure is not possible.
The beard transplant doctor in Chennai would normally divide the face into two sections i.e., from the lateral (jawline, sideburns, and cheeks) and the frontal (goatee and mustache). Depending on that and other factors, between 1800 to 2400 grafts are done for the beard transplant in Chennai.
Types of beard transplants
Normally, for facial hair transplant procedures, like beard transplants, the beard transplant doctor in Chennai uses follicular unit extraction (FUE) methods. It has no downtime, no side effects like scarring or bleeding. Usually, the procedure takes 3-5 hours where a repeat session is not prescribed.
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
In this beard transplant procedure, from the donor region, a hair graft is removed and harvested using small circular incisions. For a larger area, small and barely-noticeable scars are left behind.
In an FUE, the beard transplant doctor in Chennai harvests about 1-5 follicles, where the results vary depending on the surgeon and the quality of the procedure.
Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT)
In this beard transplant, a small strip of tissue from the donor area is removed using a microscopic dissection process. After which, the surgeon will close the wound edges with a minute, single, and fine scar.
What has to be done before beard transplantation?
The most vital thing before doing the beard transplant in Chennai, a person will have to be tested for medical and mental health. It is also pertinent to ensure that the transplant needs to be done for genuine conditions.
Our beard doctor at Hande Hospital, Chennai usually keeps a few things in mind while examining a patient for the hair transplant procedure like examining the beard for spots or patches. The donor zone is also examined thoroughly for viability and feasibility. A thorough medical exam is usually performed by an experienced beard transplant doctor in Chennai to decide if the patient is suited for the procedure.
- It is advisable not to take any medication including multivitamins for 24 hours prior to the surgery.
- Pre surgery, a person should not consume any anti-inflammatory medication for 3 days.
- Alcohol, smoking and exposure to sun has to be avoided prior to surgery for a week.
- Ensure that you are accompanied by someone pre- and post-surgery.
- If hair is harvested from behind your head, ensure that it’s at least ½ inch in length to cover the sutures.
- Take Vitamin C by consulting with the surgeon because it helps in recovery and healing of the wound.
What has to be done on the day of beard transplantation?
Patients are highly recommended not to consume coffee or caffeinated beverages in the morning as it may increase bleeding and sensitivity to medications.
Patients should verify and consume prescribed medications routinely as instructed by the surgeon.
Contact lenses should be removed before sedation
What can you expect post-beard transplantation?
You can restore to normal activities post-surgery which is non-strenuous within 24 hours. Within 2-4 weeks the transplanted hair will fall off. New hair re-grow within 3 to 4 months of time. Within a year’s time, one can expect a full beard.
Precautions to be followed:
- Cold compressions have to be done to control bleeding, swelling and pain
- Take the prescribed medications on time
- Avoid touching the face during the recovery period as it increases the risk of infection.
- Elevate the head up to 45 degrees while sleeping for at least the first two days of recovery to reduce swelling.
- Do not shave the beard for 10 days after the beard transplant procedure.
- Avoid direct sunlight, swimming, blood thinners, saunas, smoking or tobacco usage and refrain from alcohol for at least a couple of weeks.
Advantages of beard transplant in Chennai
There are numerous advantages if you get your beard transplant done at Hande Hospital as we have an expert beard transplant doctor in Chennai to provide sophisticated treatments.
- Improves the aesthetic value in the face of the patient
- Boon for the victim of burns and accidents.
- Enhances the natural look of a person
- Leaves behind no scars for FUT or FUE procedures
- Helps in achieving a maximum fullness of beard
- No pain or discomfort
- Affordable cost for the beard transplant procedure.
Why do we recommend beard transplants at Hande hospital?
Beard transplant in Chennai has made many advancements and a boom in recent years. We at Hande hospital have invested in the best equipment with our talented beard transplant doctor in Chennai to make this procedure as comfortable as possible with the most competitive prices by encouraging and treating the people with compassion and care to have the kind of beard they aspired to have.
Read also Best Hair Transplant Clinic in Chennai.