Choosing the best cardiologist in Chennai for an advanced treatment can be a vital task in every one’s life as everyone is in need of health care at some point or another. Hande Hospital has a team of experts who are specialized in the diagnosis, assessment and treatment of various heart disorders.
They offer a wide range of treatments with dedication in order to provide the best of service besides modern treatments to patients who are experiencing pain or discomfort in their cardiovascular system.
What are Heart Diseases?
Heart diseases describe a range of disorders that affect the heart. It includes: Blood vessel disease like the coronary artery disease, arrhythmias (irregular heartbeats), congenital heart defects (heart problems soon after birth), disease of the heart muscle and the heart valve disease.
Symptoms of Heart Disease
The heart disease symptoms may vary from person to person as it depends on the type of the heart issue. Some of them include:
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
- Slow heartbeat (bradycardia)
- Racing heartbeat (tachycardia)
- Swelling in the eyes, belly area or legs
When to Consult a Cardiologist?
When your primary healthcare provider recommends you to approach the cardiologist or when you experience the symptoms of the heart disorders that turn about to be severe, you ought to seek medical attention with the best cardiologist in Chennai.
Moreover, they often treat patients who have had a heart failure, heart attack, stroke, pericarditis, congestive heart disease, congenital heart disease, coronary heart disease, hypertension, triglycerides or high blood pressure, arrhythmias, atherosclerosis or other heart problems.
Diagnosis for Heart Disease
If your heart doctor suspects that you have a chest pain or heart problem, you will have to undergo the diagnostic tests and procedures. These are taken by the best cardiologist in Chennai to help them determine the exact cause of the disease, ways to overcome it by designing an appropriate treatment plan for you. The diagnostic tests include:
- Electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG) – It is a quick and painless test to record the electrical signals in the heart which tells if the heart beats too fast or too slow.
- Holter Monitoring – It is a portable ECG device that’s worn by a patient for a day or more to record the heart’s activity during routine activities. This helps the best cardiologist in Chennai to detect the irregular heartbeats which cannot be detected during a regular ECG exam.
- Echocardiogram – This non-invasive test uses sound waves to create detailed images of the heart in motion and also shows the blood moves through the heart and heart valves.
- Cardiac Catheterization – This test is taken by the best cardiologist in Chennai to help them detect the blockages in the heart arteries. This includes a catheter inserted in a blood vessel in the groin or wrist to show more clearly the digital x-ray images taken during the test.
- Cardiac CT Scan – In a cardiac CT scan, the patient will be asked to lie on a table inside a donut-shaped scanner where X-ray is taken of the heart and chest.
- Cardiac MRI Scan – The cardiac MRI uses computer-generated radio waves and magnetic fields to create detailed images of the heart.
- Exercise or Stress Tests – The heart is monitored when the patient performs an exercise by walking on a treadmill or by riding a stationary bike. If a patient can’t exercise, the best cardiologist doctor in Chennai may prescribe certain medications.
Sometimes, the cardiologist will recommend surgery for the patients to help control their symptoms and/or reduce the risk of a sudden heart issue in the future. Heart surgery will be planned in advance or performed as part of emergency treatment. Some of the surgical procedures handled by the best cardiologist in Chennai include:
- Open Heart Surgery – It refers to the procedure in which the chest of the patient is opened and surgery is performed on the heart. During the procedure, the heart may or may not be opened, as it depends on the particular type of surgery.
- Heart Bypass – Heart bypass is a surgical procedure performed by the best cardiologist in Chennai to treat the narrowed or blocked arteries and is used routinely for the treatment of patients with angina and the coronary artery disease.
- Coronary Angioplasty and Stenting – During angioplasty and stenting, the narrowed artery is stretched open using a balloon (angioplasty), and a metal strut known as a stent will be implanted into the coronary artery. This opens up the narrowed or blocked arteries, and allows the blood to flow more freely through it.
- Pacemakers – It is an electrical device that is used to correct or regulate an abnormal heart rhythm. When required, a pacemaker will send out electrical signals to stimulate the chambers of the heart to contract and relax in a regular way.
- Ablation Therapy – This treatment is performed by the best cardiologist doctor in Chennai to control or correct certain types of abnormally fast heart rhythms.
- Cardioversion – The heart specialist will use a controlled electric shock to the heart using a machine called a defibrillator. It restores the normal heart rhythm and allows the conduction system of the heart to reset.
The Best Cardiologist in Chennai
- If you want to check whether you or your loved one need to undergo the cardiac surgery, you can consult with the best cardiologist in Chennai like Dr. E. Chandrasekhar at Hande Hospital as he will be the appropriate choice to provide you with a detailed explanation regarding your heart health and treatment procedures.
- Moreover, he has a decade of expertise in the medical field of Cardiology to handle all several kinds of primary and complex issues relating to the heart compared to the other heart specialists.
Thus, approaching the best cardiologist in Chennai from a reputed hospital like the Hande Hospital can be the right choice for a patient to get cutting-edge treatment. The heart specialists here are highly skilled to diagnose and treat your heart disease so that you can receive the sophisticated care possible.
Read also Best Rheumatology Hospital in Chennai