Gastroenterology is the branch of medicine to treats the diseases of the gut or the gastrointestinal tract to make the digestive system and the related disorders for smooth functioning. Diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract include the organs from mouth to anus and the alimentary canal. Physicians who are involved in this field of medicine are called Gastroenterologists. It can result in major life-threatening conditions if left untreated.
The Medical Gastroenterology and Endoscopy Department at Hande Hospitals along with their talented team of medical experts help you in diagnosis and treating the disorders that occur in the digestive tract, liver, and pancreato-biliary tract. The experts here help the patients to overcome them by providing comprehensive treatment based on a holistic approach.
The cutting-edge facilities and the specialty-wise divisions within the Medical Gastroenterology and Endoscopy department are aimed at helping every patient to maintain a healthy digestive system.
Do you need an endoscopy? Before getting the treatment, you should be aware of the benefits.
Benefits of Medical Gastroenterology and Endoscopy:
- It allows doctors to perform diagnosis where it can help them to identify bleeding, blockages, celiac disease, inflammation, tumours and ulcers. It can help the patients to find the cause of unexplained symptoms like heartburn, bleeding, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, etc. It gives more accurate data than the gastrointestinal X-Rays for detecting abnormal cancer growths.
- It is used to treat conditions by passing special tools through the endoscope to treat the digestive tract problems such as widening a narrow oesophagus, removing a foreign object or clipping off a polyp.
- It is considered to be the safest medical procedure because it carries a low level of risk. Rare complications may occur like sedation, infection, bleeding, perforation but they are mostly associated with pre-existing conditions.
- It is a quick procedure which will take not more than 20 minutes. You will be awake during the entire procedure, but medications will be given to you (a sedative) before the test where you get to be recovered within 30 to 40 minutes after the procedure.
- It is not usually painful because most of the patients only experience mild discomfort like a sore throat or indigestion. Your surgeon will help you with a local anesthesia to numb the specific area for treatment.
It is always safe to take acetaminophen if there is minor discomfort after the procedure.
Our most experienced doctors in the field are available for round-the-clock emergency consultation for providing gastroenterology and endoscopy services apart from regular outpatient services. We ensure highly mechanized, automated cleaning and recycling machinery besides making disinfection and patient safety a priority.
The facilities provided here for painless endoscopy make sure our patients are comforted at all times. Generally, endoscopic procedures like upper GI endoscopy with a gastroscopy are performed to detect and rule out ulcers, cancers, etc and biopsy of the lesion, sclerotherapy for esophageal varices occurring in portal hypertension, and liver failure along with sophisticated treatments for prevention of vomiting blood is performed here.
Moreover, diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to upper and lower GI tracts, ERCP, and endoscopic ultrasound are treated here.
Other services and facilities:
- We provide Capsule Endoscopy, Colonoscopy, Sigmoidoscopy, etc
- Our management deals with complications of biliary surgeries like CBD injury or bile leaks.
- We have 24 channel water perfused high-resolution esophageal and anorectal manometry.
- Our PH monitoring is focussed on impedance study.
Dr . Ganesh MD DM (Gastroenterology)
Our Endoscopy clinic is run by Dr. Ganesh MD DM (Gastroenterology). He is an expert in performing Upper GI Endoscopy, Colonoscopy, Sigmoidoscopy for both diagnostic and therapeutic purposes.
If you need an endoscopy, why do you need to wait? You can contact us at @ +91 9841011390 for an appointment. You can experience exemplary service and state-of-the-art care here.
Read also Best Indian diet for kidney stone patients.