Hande Hospital specializes in Rheumatology in Chennai by providing comprehensive diagnosis and treatment for several kinds of musculoskeletal diseases and systemic autoimmune conditions. Our rheumatologists in this best rheumatology hospital in Chennai are renowned for treating conditions that are highly complex in nature and difficult to diagnose.
We understand that genetics plays a major role when it comes to Rheumatic diseases. Our team provides rheumatoid arthritis treatment in Chennai by conducting thorough examinations regarding the family medical history of the patients and reviewing the results of all prior tests before proceeding with any diagnosis and treatment.
Overview of Best Rheumatology in Chennai
Rheumatology is the study of rheumatism, arthritis and other disorders of the muscles, joints, and ligaments. This particular medical field is a subspecialty of paediatrics and internal medicine in Rheumatology in Chennai. Beyond bones, muscles, and joints, any health issues affecting the internal organs like eyes, skin, brain, blood vessels, nervous system, lungs, kidneys, and any diseases from musculoskeletal to autoimmune conditions fall under this field.
The best rheumatologist in Chennai takes immediate medical attention to provide the patients with the best of care for any rheumatic diseases and will diagnose, assess and treat these issues related to rheumatic diseases because they are quite complex and may impair the daily routine for the Rheumatology in Chennai.
What is a Rheumatologist?
A rheumatologist is an internist or pediatrician who got further preparation in the finding (discovery), and treatment of sicknesses that influence the muscles, bones, joints, tendons, and ligaments. These infections can cause torment, expanding, firmness, and possibly cause joint distortions.
A dated word for these issues is “stiffness.” Therefore, a “rheumatologist” is the specialist that treats stiffness.
What are the Causes of Rheumatic Diseases?
Most causes of rheumatic diseases occur when there is an issue in the immune system. According to Rheumatology in Chennai, sometimes, the immune system attacks the natural, healthy tissue causing damage.
Even the best rheumatologist in Chennai is unsure about the causes of these types of problems, but it is understood that the two main factors: genetic or environmental factors such as infection with bacteria and certain viruses may trigger the disease for Rheumatology in Chennai. There are also gender components to rheumatic diseases, as females are more prone to be affected more than males.
What are the Symptoms of Rheumatic Diseases?
The symptoms of rheumatic diseases are many but the most common symptoms in Rheumatology in Chennai include,
- Aches and pains
- Limited range of motion in a joint or joints
- Feeling exhausted or tired
- Malaise : General feelings of being unwell
- Weight loss
- Warmth or Redness
You can consult Dr. Ramesh, the best rheumatologist in Chennai at this best rheumatology hospital in Chennai if you come across any of the above symptoms because each type of rheumatic disease under Rheumatology in Chennai has unique symptoms and can affect several parts of your body.
What are the Risk Factors for Developing Rheumatoid Diseases?
Genetic factors and family history of a condition are the major causes creating a higher risk for rheumatic diseases. The other common factors for Rheumatology in Chennai include:
- Age – The conditions like polymyalgia rheumatica and RA are more common between early adulthood and middle age for Rheumatology in Chennai.
- Sex – Women are two to three times more likely to have rheumatoid arthritis.
- Family History – You are more likely to develop rheumatic diseases if you have a close relative who also has it.
- Smoking and Pollution– It increases a person’s risk of rheumatoid arthritis by making the disease worse.
- Exposure to infections – Being exposed to infection can influence or trigger the development of diseases for Rheumatology in Chennai like lupus, scleroderma and polymyalgia rheumatic.
- Underlying conditions – Having diabetes, obesity, early menopause, hypothyroidism, high blood pressure and kidney disease can increase the chance of developing gout.
Additionally, having rheumatic conditions like lupus, scleroderma, and rheumatoid arthritis can increase the risk of developing other conditions under Rheumatology in Chennai like vasculitis or Sjogren’s syndrome.
What to Expect When You Have Rheumatic Diseases?
There are various conditions for Rheumatology in Chennai affecting your immune system making it awry besides attacking your own tissues.
Some of the conditions that can be expected for rheumatic diseases include:
- Osteoarthritis – It results from damaging the cartilage, the cushion-like material at the end of your bone. As it hurts, your joints get hurt and become harder to move. Rheumatology in Chennai usually affects the hip, knee, neck, fingers, lower back, and feet.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis – RA happens when the immune attacks the tissues causing joint pain, swelling, and stiffness which is not a part of normal aging.
- Psoriatic Arthritis – A form of autoimmune arthritis linked with skin symptoms of psoriasis. Most people get skin symptoms before they get joint problems. Sometimes it may affect the joints first whereas some people never have skin symptoms.
- Infectious Arthritis – Rheumatology in Chennai leads to arthritis causing an infection in the joint with intense swelling in one or more joints and is also most likely to affect the knee, ankles, hip, and wrists.
- Reactive Arthritis – Arthritis is caused by an infection in another part of your body, like the intestines, genitals, or urinary tract.
- Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis – The most common form of arthritis in children where the immune system mistakenly attacks its own tissues, causing inflammation in joints, other organs and systems for Rheumatology in Chennai.
- Lupus – This Rheumatology in Chennai can affect many organs in the body with symptoms like rashes, sun sensitivity, hair loss, white or blue fingers when exposed to cold, blood disorders, chest pain, seizures or strokes.
- Gout – A build-up in a joint of uric acid crystals is gout in Rheumatology in Chennai. Mostly, it starts in your big toe or another part of your foot with a quick appearance causing intensive joint pain, discomfort, trouble moving, inflammation and redness.
- Ankylosing spondylitis – It is more common in younger men especially from teenage to 30’s. Also, this Rheumatology in Chennai gradually starts as lower back pain and later involves the joints where the spines are attached to the pelvis, also known as sacroiliac joints.
- Scleroderma – This type of condition for Rheumatology in Chennai can harden the skin and everything beneath it including the bone, connective tissue, muscle and fat. Also, it affects the body parts from the skin to blood vessels to muscles, joints, and organs.
- Sjogren’s Syndrome – The parts of the body dry out like the eyes or mouth. Some people also have lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. The cause of Sjogren’s Syndrome is unknown but it occurs when your immune system attacks other body parts.
- Polymyalgia Rheumatica – An inflammatory condition for Rheumatology in Chennai affecting mostly adults causing fever, unexceptional weight loss, and poor appetite.
Preventive Measures of Rheumatic Diseases
You have to undergo the preventive measures of Rheumatology in Chennai to overcome the rheumatic diseases from appearing or to treat the existing diseases such as
- Avoid or quit smoking to boost your odds of getting rheumatic diseases.
- Lose the extra weight to avoid getting obese.
- Limit exposure to environmental pollutants to stay away from infections.
- Do low-stress forms of exercise like swimming or cycling to strengthen the muscles around the affected joints for Rheumatology in Chennai.
- Lead a healthy lifestyle to maintain a good immune system.
If you experience any symptoms for Rheumatology in Chennai like aching or stiff joints that won’t go away and interfere with your routine activities, visit the Hande Hospital and consult with the leading rheumatologist Dr. Ramesh who can help you feel better by diagnosing, managing, and providing aggressive medical attention for advanced rheumatoid arthritis treatment in Chennai.
Read also Fracture Clinic