There are no special methods or simple techniques to treat fistula but you have to approach the best piles treatment hospital to get a comprehensive treatment. Hande hospital is one amongst them to provide the state-of-the-art fistula treatment in Chennai. They experts here adopt effective strategies at reasonable fistula surgery cost in Chennai besides implementing innovative techniques and therapies.
What is Fistula?
The anus is an external opening by which the faeces are expelled from the human body. Inside the anus there are a number of small glands which make the mucus. These glands get clogged occasionally, become infected leading to an abscess and develop fistula. An anal fistula or fistula is an abnormal tunnel under the skin which connects the anal canal in the colon to the skin of the buttocks.
What Causes Fistula?
The leading cause of an anal fistula can be clogged anal glands and anal abscesses. There are also other less common causes leading to anal fistula that includes:
- Health problem since birth
- Growth of ulcer
- Radiation treatment for rectal cancer
- Crohn’s disease
- Chronic diarrhoea
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- A surgery complication
Also, it is essential to take fistula treatment in Chennai when your digestive problems get worse because it can be an initial stage of fistula development and may increase the risk.
What are the Symptoms of Fistula?
The signs and symptoms of an anal fistula that include:
- Frequent anal abscesses
- Fever, chills and fatigue
- Bloody or purulent discharge from an opening around the anus.
- Pain and swelling around the anus
- Pain with bowel movements
- Severe bleeding
- Skin irritation, redness or soreness around the anus from drainage
You should seek the best fistula treatment in Chennai when you come across these symptoms to get immediate medical attention.
How an Anal Fistula is Diagnosed?
The fistula surgery cost in Chennai depends on the type of diagnosis and complications. During the diagnosis, the doctor will look for an opening (the fistula tract) on the skin to determine how deep the tract is, the direction in which it is going because in most of the cases, there will be drainage from the external opening.
Whereas, some fistulas may not be visible on the skin’s surface. This leads the doctor to provide an advanced fistula treatment in Chennai by conducting these additional tests that include:
- MRI – to map the fistula tract and provide detailed images of the sphincter muscle, other structures of the pelvic floor.
- Fistulography – an X-ray of the fistula is taken after a contrast solution is injected.
- Endoscopic ultrasound – uses high-frequency sound waves to identify the sphincter muscles, surrounding tissues and fistula.
There are other options for fistula treatment in Chennai that include:
- Anoscope – a small endoscope to view the anal canal.
- Fistula probe – a specially designed instrument inserted through a fistula.
- An injected dye solution – to help locate the fistula opening.
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy – a procedure which rules out other disorders such as Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
In certain rare cases, blood tests, x-rays and colonoscopy are performed under conscious sedation, a type of light anaesthetic. The fistula surgery cost in Chennai would range depending on the type of complications.
What are the Treatment Procedures of an Anal Fistula?
The fistula treatment in Chennai depends on the fistula’s location and complexity. The main goal is to repair the anal fistula completely to protect the sphincter muscles and the surrounding tissues and also to prevent recurrence. The treatment options for an anal fistula includes,
- Fistulotomy. During this procedure of the fistula treatment in Chennai, the surgeon cuts the fistula’s internal opening, scrapes to flush out the infected tissue, flattens the channel and stitches it in place. This surgical procedure may be done in two stages if a significant amount of sphincter muscle has to be cut or if the entire channel can’t be found.
- Seton Placement. The surgeon places a latex string (seton) or silk into the fistula to help the patients by draining the infection. This method treats anal fistulas that lie deep to the sphincter complex.
- Advancement Rectal Flap. The surgeon before removing the fistula’s internal opening creates a flap from the rectal wall The flap is then used to cover the repair. This fistula treatment in Chennai can reduce the amount of sphincter muscle that is cut.
- Fibrin Glue and Collagen Plug. The surgeon clears the channel and makes stitches to shut the internal opening. Special glue which is made from a fibrous protein (fibrin) will then be injected through the fistula’s external opening. The anal fistula tract is also sealed with a plug of collagen protein and later closed.
- Ligation of the Intersphincteric Fistula Tract (LIFT). LIFT is a two-stage treatment used for fistula treatment in Chennai especially for handling more-complex or deep fistulas. This surgical procedure is used to access the fistula between the sphincter muscles and avoid cutting them. A seton will be first placed into the fistula tract, forcing it to widen over time. After several weeks, the surgeon will remove the infected tissue and close the internal fistula opening.
For complex fistula, more-invasive procedures may be recommended during the fistula treatment in Chennai that includes,
- Muscle Flap – The channel may be filled with healthy muscle tissue from the labia, thigh, or buttock for very complex anal fistulas.
- Ostomy and Stoma – The surgeon will make a temporary opening in the abdomen to divert waste into a collection bag, for allowing the anal area to heal over time.
Besides that, the laser treatment for fistula in Chennai has gained popularity and effectiveness in recent days.
During the laser treatment for fistula in Chennai, a precise amount of laser energy is introduced in the fistula tract by means of a thin laser probe. After inserting the laser, the tissues of the fistula are destroyed and the laser probe is pulled back closing the tract. The duration of this minimally invasive fistula treatment in Chennai takes only a few minutes besides leaving the healthy tissues intact. It is also noticeably short and comfortable.
Pros and Cons of Laser Treatment
The pros of this minimally invasive laser treatment for fistula in Chennai is much higher when compared to the other procedures which includes:
- Short and painless procedure
- Less hospital stays
- Faster healing than conventional surgeries
- Rapid recovery
- Post-operative complications are lesser
- Chances of recurrence are negligible.
The cons or side effects of the laser treatment for fistula in Chennai is that a patient who has undergone the surgical procedure may experience constipation which is temporary. It is vital to consult with the doctor regarding the laxatives to ensure proper care is taken for constipation. The surgery also needs a great precision and expertise.
Therefore, at Hande Hospital you have experts who have vast experience to aid you in knowing more about the benefits and fistula surgery cost in Chennai apart from handling this minimally invasive fistula treatment in Chennai with cutting-edge techniques.
The recovery period for laser treatment for fistula in Chennai is very quick and comfortable because it is a day care procedure and also the patient can restore to daily activities within 2-3 days. Moreover, they should not perform any strenuous activities, and it is better to seek the surgeon’s advice if they notice something unusual after the fistula treatment in Chennai.
If you or your family members and loved ones are looking for getting the best fistula treatment in Chennai, you can approach Hande Hospital as the experts here have treated a greater number of patients with reasonable fistula surgery cost in Chennai besides creating successful outcomes by adopting sophisticated techniques.
Read also Beard Transplant in Chennai