Hande hospital provides the best Gynecomastia surgery in Chennai for Male Breast Reduction. We combine liposuction and excision at Hande Hospital, Chennai. This gives best results for Gynecomastia surgery.
What is Gynecomastia?
A condition of over development or enlargement of the breast tissue in boys or men is termed as ‘Gynecomastia’ (Male Breast Reduction). The breasts grow unevenly and become larger.
It usually happens during the preteen or teenage stage of a boy due to the hormonal changes of puberty. Sometimes, it can happen to new-born babies and among men as they get older.
The procedure is performed under General Anaesthesia. While the fat surrounding the glandular tissue is sucked out with a fine needle attached to a suction apparatus, the gland itself is removed by making a small cut at the junction of the normal skin and the nipple.
Gynecomastia surgery cost in chennai
Cost of Gynecomastia surgery will be between Rs.50,000 to 65,000 depending on the severity of the condition.
The procedure takes about one and a half hours. A fine suction tube is inserted at the end of the procedure, and this will be removed after two to three days. The procedure is performed routinely at Hande Hospital.
Causes of gynecomastia
The hormones testosterone and oestrogen control the sex characteristics in both male and female. Testosterone controls male traits such as muscle mass and body hair. Oestrogen controls female traits, which include the growth of breasts.
We know that an exclusive female hormone is an oestrogen, but in certain cases, few men also produce it in small quantities. The level of oestrogen for males are too high or can be of testosterone level imbalances causing gynecomastia (male breast reduction).
Gynecomastia Stages (Male Breast Reduction)
- Gynecomastia in infants: More than half of the male babies are born with enlarged breasts due to their mother’s oestrogen. Usually, the swollen breast tissue changes over time as it goes away within two to three weeks after birth.
- Gynecomastia during puberty: Gynecomastia is caused due to the hormone changes during puberty which is relatively common. In most cases, the swollen breast tissue will get back to normal without treatment (i.e.) between six months or two years.
- Gynecomastia in adults: The prevalence of gynecomastia is high for men between the older ages of 50 and 69. At least 1 among 4 men in this age group are prone to get affected.
- Gynecomastia in diseases: Diseases like the liver disease, lung cancer, kidney disease, testicular cancer, congenital disorders, obesity, thyroid disorders, trauma or injury may also lead to gynecomastia.
- Gynecomastia due to medications: Gynecomastia can also occur due to the side effects of antibiotics, antidepressants, chemotherapy, prostate cancer medicines, ulcer or cardiovascular medicines including the Illegal drugs, like heroin, anabolic steroids, or marijuana can also cause gynecomastia.
Symptoms of gynecomastia
Gynecomastia (male breast reduction) occurs in one or both breasts. It can start as fatty tissue or lump beneath the nipple with soreness or tenderness. The breasts also get swollen or larger unevenly.
Hande provides the best gynecomastia surgery in Chennai at affordable cost. You can reach us at +91 98410 11390.
Risk factors of gynecomastia
Factors that include risks for gynecomastia include:
- Older age especially in men who are overweight.
- Hyperthyroidism which produces too much of hormone thyroxine
- Use of androgens or anabolic steroids to enhance athletic performance
- Condition of your body in handling certain medicines, therapies or treatments
- Overall or certain health conditions and past medical history that interfere with the normal production of testosterone (hypogonadism) like the thyroid disease, Klinefelter syndrome, hormonally active tumours, etc
- Some tumours, involving the testes, pituitary gland, or adrenal glands can produce hormones to alter the male-female hormone balance.
- When your body deprives sufficient levels of nutrition, the level of testosterone drops where oestrogen levels remain the same, causing a hormonal imbalance leading to malnutrition and starvation. It can also happen when the normal nutrition takes up.
Diagnosis of gynecomastia
A diagnosis of gynecomastia (male breast reduction) depends on the review of your symptoms and a medical exam which includes a careful evaluation of your breasts, abdomen and genitals. You may have to undergo certain tests to rule out other diseases or conditions. They include:
- Blood tests, along with liver function tests and hormone studies
- Urine tests
- CT Scans
- MRI Scans
- Testicular ultrasounds
- Tissue Biopsies
With the state of the art operating theatres, Hande provides the best diagnosis for gynecomastia surgery in Chennai.
Complications and Preventions of gynecomastia
Gynecomastia (Male Breast Reduction) has lesser physical complications, but it can also lead to psychological or emotional problems.
Some of the factors where you can control the risk of gynecomastia are:
- Avoid using drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol.
- Consult your doctors at Hande for best gynecomastia surgery in Chennai.